Custom Night Guards in South Gate, CA
Custom night guards are a great way to protect your teeth while sleeping. They are typically clear plastics that protect your teeth from grinding and clenching while sleeping. Therefore, it helps prevent damage to your teeth and improves oral health.
What are the benefits?
- Prevents tooth damage due to Bruxism
- Reduces headaches
- Protects TMJ
- Improves sleep and snoring
- It saves you money from future expensive dental procedures
What Is Bruxism?
The Medical term for teeth grinding is Bruxism. It’s when you grind and clench your teeth during sleep. It is often related to stress or anxiety, which your body shows more in sleep.
Are Nigh Guards comfortable to wear?
Our custom lab-made night guards are designed to fit comfortably and provide maximum protection. The material we use is durable yet comfortable enough for nighttime wear and won’t interrupt your sleep.
Types of night guards
- Ready-made night guard: It’s designed as a one-size-fits-all. However, it can be uncomfortable for many people to wear, and it is bulkier and could affect breathing and speaking ability.
- Boil and bite night guards: Like ready-made ones, you can find them at your local drugstore that is not custom fitted. They are usually overly bulky and may even come out during the night while grinding.
- Custom-fitted night guards: This is the best and most effective type of night guards. These will perfectly fit your teeth and are created based on your specific grinding pattern.
How can I take care of my night guard?
You can keep your dental guard in good shape by brushing it regularly. This means brushing it with a soft toothbrush, toothpaste, and lukewarm water. This will remove the plaque that has built up on it, and be sure to dry it afterward to prevent any bacteria buildup. Additionally, you can soak it with an over-the-counter nonabrasive denture cleaner once a month.
Get Your Custom night guard in South Gate, CA
Do you clench and grind your teeth? Ready to protect your smile? Contact our dental office today, and we can help you decide if a night guard is right for you.