Learn about dental implants
People lose teeth for many reasons, whether it be from injury, fracture, untreated decay for a prolonged period of time, or periodontal disease. If you have one or more missing teeth, you may be searching for a solution to help perfect your smile while maintaining the structural integrity of your mouth. At our South Gate, CA office, Dr. Reza Ghasemi and his team can help guide you through the dental implant process. Read on to learn more about the advantages of dental implants and how Dr. Reza Dental Care can help you achieve your smile goals.
How do dental implants work?
Composed of primarily titanium, dental implants substitute your tooth’s root. Then, an abutment is placed on top of the implant, serving as the bridge between the tooth root and the esthetic crown that tops the tooth. The crown can be custom designed to match the shade and shape of the rest of your natural teeth, meaning your dental implant will blend right in.
Who should and shouldn’t consider dental implants?
Whether or not you’re a good candidate for dental implants depends on a variety of factors. Usually, most patients in good enough health to undergo oral surgery are able to undergo dental implant placement. However, you may not be eligible if:
- You take a medication that inhibits the functioning of your immune system.
- You severely grind your teeth, which may damage the implants.
- Note: If you have medical condition such as cancer or diabetes, you may need to obtain medical consultation from your physician before your implant appointment.
You’ll need to speak to a certified dental practitioner to determine if dental implants are a viable solution for you. With a nearly perfect rate of success and incredible long-term benefits, if you are deemed an eligible candidate, dental implants could pose the perfect option.
Dental implants can help change a person’s lifestyle for the better. When you have a solid foundation and replacement teeth that act just like the real thing, it can do wonders for your overall mental and physical well-being by:
- Providing solid structural support for your jawbone, which may lose mass in the years and decades following tooth loss.
- Allowing you to eat whatever you want. Because implants function with the same strength and durability as a real tooth, you can enjoy food to your heart’s content without worrying about experiencing problems.
- Boosting your self-confidence. When you’re missing teeth, you may avoid smiling, laughing or speaking in order to conceal your mouth. With dental implants, you’ll benefit from increased self-esteem, allowing you to show off your new smile.
There are many factors to take into consideration when choosing a treatment option like dental implants. Examining some of the long-term impacts of treatment may affect your decision, so it’s important to consider things from all angles before committing yourself to a treatment course.
Dental Implants & More, All in One Convenient Location
At Dr. Reza Dental Care, we value our patients’ time. That means we hardly ever refer our patients out to other specialists. If you do require specialized dental care, such as dental implant placement or a complicated root canal, Dr. Ghasemi will invite the specialist into his office. That way, you will be treated in a familiar environment knowing your medical providers are all on the same page.
If you’re interested in learning more about the wide range of dental services we offer in our South Gate, CA office, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! Contact Dr. Reza Dental Care today to schedule an appointment or ask any questions you may have. We’re always available to help!