Dental Veneers in South Gate
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Those with small imperfections in their teeth may be hesitant to smile and fully enjoy themselves in social situations, and porcelain veneers may present the perfect cosmetic solution.
Need dental veneers? Call our office today at 323-457-8787 to schedule your appointment today! ( Hablamos Español )
What are dental veneers?
They are thin, custom-designed ceramic shells that encase the front surface of your teeth. They’re most commonly used for your front-facing teeth, those most obvious when we’re interacting with others on a day to day basis. Veneers are used to mask slight imperfections, such as color, length, and shape. With veneers, you can regain a dazzling, youthful smile in little to no time at all.
What are the benefits
If you’re looking to take your smile to the next level, dental veneers can provide you with a brilliant, timeless look, along with:
- Longevity: On average, veneers tend to last about 5-10 years when properly cared for. In some instances, however, they can last up to 20 years or more! This depends on a variety of factors. It’s important to maintain proper oral hygiene to help your veneers last as long as possible.
- Youthful look: Porcelain veneers are designed to reflect the light in the same way as tooth enamel does, allowing your teeth to shine healthily.
- Instantly gorgeous: The beauty of veneers is the fact that they can be placed in a single office visit, once preparatory work is complete. This means you can walk in our office with a dull smile and exit with a dazzling one!
- Natural-looking: Another factor many patients look for in cosmetic dentistry is how closely the veneer resembles the natural tooth. With adjustable shades and sizes, your veneers will be customized to your mouth and made to resemble your natural teeth.
Clearly, there are a lot of advantages that come along with dental veneers.
Why do people get veneers?
Many people get them because they want to improve their teeth’ appearance and give a brighter and more even smile.
Veneers can help with:
- Gaps in the teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Minor Crooked teeth
- Misshaped Teeth
- stains and severe discoloration that can’t be fixed with whitening
Things to Consider
Because dental veneers are such a big commitment, you’ll want to ensure you’re fully on board with the treatment plan before you get started. You should keep in mind that:
- They’re permanent: While permanence means convenience in many cases, it’s important to note that you won’t be able to change your mind and have your veneers removed. Because your dentist must remove a small amount of enamel to apply the shells to your teeth, they’re fixed in place permanently.
- Potential for future damage: You’ll also need to be aware of the possibility that your veneers may become damaged, and know what to do in those circumstances. Generally, this is not an issue, as porcelain veneers are incredibly durable. However, if you do find yourself with a damaged, you should see your dentist immediately to reattach or replace the appliance.
In most cases, the pros outweigh the cons. It all depends on the patient and their individual situation. It’s important to have a comprehensive idea of your treatment course before it begins.
What are porcelain veneers?
These kind are the preferred type of veneer for most patients. If you choose porcelain, each shell will be custom made to Dr. Reza’s design to create a unified, attractive look that will give you a gorgeous smile.
Unlike other veneers, porcelain veneers are fabricated with layers of strong dental porcelain for durability and longevity. If you care for them properly, they will give you a smile you can be proud of for 20 years or longer.
If you have one or two teeth that are slightly less than perfect, you may decide to have veneers placed on only those teeth.
Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Don’t stain
- Are durable
- Require removal of only a small amount of tooth enamel in most cases
- Look natural, with custom shading
- Each veneer is handmade for perfect fit
Get the perfect smile with dental veneers. Call us today at 323-457-8787.
How do I take care of my veneers?
To extend the life out of your veneers, you should:
- Avoid chewing on anything very hard (ice, hard candy, nut shells, etc.)
- Avoid using your front teeth to open packages.
- Avoid chewing with your front teeth (use them for biting only) and use your back teeth for chewing; this is the natural way we use teeth, in most cases.
- Wear a mouth guard when you play sports.
- Wear a night guard if prescribed.
- Brush and floss regularly.
- Attend regular dental checkups and cleanings twice each year.
Veneers in South Gate, CA
If you believe veneers could bring your smile to a new level, contact us to schedule a consultation at our dental office in South Gate, CA. Our skilled team is always available to answer any questions you may have as we guide you on your journey to a better smile!
Helpful related resources
About Our Business
Payments: Financing, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, American Express and Visa.
We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles County
We serve patients from the following cities: South Gate, Downey, Bell and Huntington Park. (Click here for complete list)
CA (License #103781). View License Information