Dental Veneers in South Gate
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Those with small imperfections in their teeth may be hesitant to smile and fully enjoy themselves in social situations, and porcelain veneers may present the perfect cosmetic solution. But are they the right fit for you? Learn more about the pros and cons of dental veneers.
What are dental veneers?
They are thin, custom-designed ceramic shells that encase the front surface of your teeth. They’re most commonly used for your front-facing teeth, those most obvious when we’re interacting with others on a day to day basis. Veneers are used to mask slight imperfections, such as color, length, and shape. With veneers, you can regain a dazzling, youthful smile in little to no time at all.
What are the benefits
If you’re looking to take your smile to the next level, dental veneers can provide you with a brilliant, timeless look, along with:
- Longevity: On average, veneers tend to last about 5-10 years when properly cared for. In some instances, however, they can last up to 20 years or more! This depends on a variety of factors. It’s important to maintain proper oral hygiene to help your veneers last as long as possible.
- Youthful look: Porcelain veneers are designed to reflect the light in the same way as tooth enamel does, allowing your teeth to shine healthily.
- Instantly gorgeous: The beauty of veneers is the fact that they can be placed in a single office visit, once preparatory work is complete. This means you can walk in our office with a dull smile and exit with a dazzling one!
- Natural-looking: Another factor many patients look for in cosmetic dentistry is how closely the veneer resembles the natural tooth. With adjustable shades and sizes, your veneers will be customized to your mouth and made to resemble your natural teeth.
Clearly, there are a lot of advantages that come along with porcelain veneers.
Many people get porcelain veneers because they want to improve their teeth’ appearance and give a brighter and more even smile.
Porcelain veneers can help with:
- Gaps in the teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Minor Crooked teeth
- Misshaped Teeth
- stains and severe discoloration that can’t be fixed with whitening
Things to Consider
Because dental veneers are such a big commitment, you’ll want to ensure you’re fully on board with the treatment plan before you get started. You should keep in mind that:
- They’re permanent: While permanence means convenience in many cases, it’s important to note that you won’t be able to change your mind and have your veneers removed. Because your dentist must remove a small amount of enamel to apply the shells to your teeth, they’re fixed in place permanently.
- Potential for future damage: You’ll also need to be aware of the possibility that your veneers may become damaged, and know what to do in those circumstances. Generally, this is not an issue, as porcelain veneers are incredibly durable. However, if you do find yourself with a damaged, you should see your dentist immediately to reattach or replace the appliance.
In most cases, the pros outweigh the cons. It all depends on the patient and their individual situation. It’s important to have a comprehensive idea of your treatment course before it begins.
Veneers in South Gate, CA
If you believe veneers could bring your smile to a new level, contact us to schedule a consultation at our dental office in South Gate, CA. Our skilled team is always available to answer any questions you may have as we guide you on your journey to a better smile!