Your teeth are one of the first things people notice about you. People with dental imperfections, such as stains and chips, tend to suffer a severe loss in self-confidence. Have you found yourself increasingly dissatisfied with the color of your teeth? Luckily, you can regain your pearly whites and your confidence with teeth whitening from our team at Dr. Reza Dental Care in South Gate, CA.
What causes tooth discoloration?
There are many factors that contribute to the color of your teeth, but they can be divided into two main categories:
- Extrinsic discoloration: Some of your tooth’s color is impacted by what occurs on the outside part of the tooth. For example, drinks like coffee, tea, red wine, and sodas can cause external tooth discoloration. You can remedy these stains by applying at-home whitening products and limiting your intake of compromising foods and beverages.
- Intrinsic discoloration: Because your tooth’s outer appearance is also deeply connected to what’s happening in the rest of your body, there are also internal reasons your tooth may be discolored. The causes of intrinsic discoloration are vast but can include:
Because these intrinsic causes are so connected to the internal side of the tooth and your overall health, you may greatly benefit from a professional tooth whitening procedure. Speak with your dental professional to explore a treatment option that works for you.
Laser as a Teeth Whitening Solution
There are many teeth whitening solutions out there. At our South Gate, CA office, we employ laser whitening to give you the best possible results. A professional must perform this treatment because of the high concentration of the active ingredient, which can cause chemical burns when used improperly. Because of this potency, laser treatment is much more powerful than over-the-counter products and toothpastes.
How long is treatment?
Most laser teeth whitening procedures are relatively short in duration, generally lasting around an hour. During the treatment itself, your dentist will constantly check your mouth to ensure the treatment is proceeding smoothly and there are no issues.
Benefits of Laser Teeth Whitening
When you opt for professional laser teeth whitening services over over-the-counter products, the difference will be clear. Some of the best benefits about selecting laser whitening at our South Gate, CA office include:
- Faster results. Take-home products may take days or weeks to achieve visible results, while the powerful laser technology completes the process in around an hour.
- Easier for you. You won’t have to worry about applying the product yourself, because your dentist has all the tools and necessary skills to do it themselves.
- It’s safer. You never know what kind of product you buy off the shelf, and with a professional by your side, your risk of complications will be greatly reduced.
If laser teeth whitening sounds like it could be the perfect solution for your discolored teeth, contact a dental professional today. At Dr. Reza Dental Care, we love watching our patients’ self-confidence soar after laser teeth whitening treatment!
Ready to make a lasting change in your smile?
With our laser teeth whitening services and friendly, skilled staff, Dr. Reza Dental Care is your go-to South Gate, CA dentist. We strive to improve our patients’ self-confidence surrounding their smile. To learn more about teeth whitening or any of our other dental services, contact our office today!