New experiences. Whether you look forward to them or not, your first visit to Reza Dental Care will leave you feeling welcome and well cared for. We love our patients! From the moment you walk in the door, you’ll see us smiling. Serving you and your family with excellent oral healthcare makes us happy — and we will go above and beyond to make you happy, too.
If you have questions after reviewing the information on this page, please contact our South Gate, CA dental office, and our team will be happy to help you.
What to Bring With You
Part of us providing the best possible dental care to you and your family is dependent upon you bringing important items and information to your first appointment. Please make a point of preparing these things prior to your visit. I
- Your oral appliances (retainers, partials, dentures)
- Previous dental records, including recent X-rays, if you have them
- Dental insurance card
- Photo ID
- List of current medications
- Name and contact information of your physician
- Comprehensive medical and dental history
- Means to pay any out-of-pocket costs or co-payments
What Your First Visit Will Include
At Dr. Reza Dental Care, your first visit will address every facet of your oral health. We will:
- Spend some time talking about how you feel about dental care and any concerns you have.
- Discuss your medications, dental history, any specific concerns you have, and your medical history.
- Take X-rays if you don’t have current ones or they are more than six months old.
- Conduct a thorough visual examination of your entire mouth. Dr. Reza will inspect every tooth, your tongue, the insides of your cheeks, and your gums.
- A head and neck evaluation.
- Discuss your current oral health and if you like, we can also talk about cosmetic dentistry, smoking cessation, snoring or sleep apnea issues, dental anxiety, or jaw pain.
- Design a treatment plan to address all of the issues Dr. Reza finds during your exam, as well as any other topics or services that were discussed during your first visit.
- If you don’t have gum disease and have scheduled a cleaning with your initial exam, you’ll meet with the dental hygienist. She will note your gum health, discuss any concerns, and clean your teeth, one by one. Then she’ll floss and polish them to a brilliant shine! Go ahead – rub your tongue along those silky teeth! They’ll feel great!
- Before you leave our office, we will set your next appointment, either for a six-month checkup and cleaning, gum disease therapy, restorative dentistry, or cosmetic procedures.
We’re Ready to Make You Smile!
Dr. Reza and our team go to great lengths to make sure that every patient has an awesome experience. In addition to what you can see and feel, like our upbeat environment and modern technology, rest assured that we also take precautions for your safety. You can expect your first visit – and every following appointment – to be fantastic!