South Gate, CA
Are you interested in altering the appearance of your smile?
Many people have a few different things they would like to customize or change when it comes to their teeth and gums – smile makeovers make this possible.
When you choose to pursue a smile makeover in South Gate, you are pursuing treatment that is designed to alter the physical appearance of your smile – otherwise known as cosmetic dental treatment.
While restorative and preventative dentistry focuses on the functionality and health of the teeth and gums, cosmetic dentistry focuses on the aesthetics of the teeth. A smile makeover is simply an umbrella term that is used when a patient opts to undergo multiple different methods of cosmetic dental treatment to produce their ideal results.
Below are the treatment methods we typically use for smile makeovers in our South Gate dental office:
Over time, the surface of the teeth may yellow or become discolored due to a few different factors. This includes diet, personal dental hygiene, tobacco use, and age – just to name a few.
For many people, a stained or yellow smile can be a massive source of embarrassment or self-consciousness. Thankfully, teeth whitening in South Gate can help reveal a significantly brighter and whiter smile.
Here at Reza Dental Care, we use laser teeth whitening to produce the best possible results. The procedure itself is quite simple and quick; it takes about an hour, and all you will have to do is relax while you wait for the South Gate teeth whitening treatment to work its magic. Your dentist or hygienist will keep a close eye during the duration of the treatment.
Dental veneers are a simple and quick way to customize the overall look of the tooth. In fact, veneers are often the choice method of cosmetic dental treatment for many Hollywood stars!
Veneers are thin layers of porcelain or composite which are adhered directly to the surface of the natural tooth.
Rather than undergoing lengthy procedures and making major alterations to the tooth to change the way it looks, a veneer allows you to completely customize the shape, size, color, and length of the tooth all in one single and simple treatment. With dental veneers, you have the power to instantly create your dream smile.
Looking for more information about the best dental veneers in South Gate? Call the Reza Dental Care team at 323-457-8787.
Traditional braces are an effective method of orthodontic treatment that help millions of people straighten and align their teeth each year. If you struggle with crooked, gapped, or overlapped teeth, you may want to consider pursuing braces in South Gate.
Braces are made up of brackets and wires, usually composed of medical-grade stainless steel. The brackets are attached to the surface of the teeth, and the wires are used to connect the brackets with one another.
Over time, the wires apply continuous pressure to gently yet effectively shift the teeth into healthy and aligned positions.
Braces can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Crooked/Overlapping Teeth
- Gaps Between Teeth
- Open Bites
Worried about the aesthetics of your smile during treatment? Have no fear. While the braces of yesteryear were a bit unsightly and uncomfortable, modern braces are designed to be sleek, comfortable, and as discreet as possible.
Traditional braces treatment typically takes anywhere between 16 and 18 months, though your treatment time may vary depending on your personal orthodontic case.
For those who are looking for an even more discreet option, ceramic braces are an excellent option.
Rather than being made up of stainless steel, ceramic braces are composed of polycrystalline alumina. They are typically available either in tooth-colored or clear color options, allowing the patient to take full advantage of “invisible” braces.
Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic treatment method that allows patients to straighten their teeth with the use of clear aligner trays rather than traditional brackets and wires.
Invisalign trays are made up of BPA-free plastic and are designed especially for each patient based upon models of the teeth. Throughout the course of treatment, patients typically receive anywhere between 20 and 30 sets of trays. Each set is worn for about 2 weeks; during this time, each set of trays focuses on aligning and correcting a specific section of teeth.
When compared with traditional braces, Invisalign provides various different benefits:
- Trays can be easily removed and placed back inside the mouth
- No diet restrictions are necessary; simply remove the trays when eating or drinking and brush before placing them back inside the mouth
- Invisalign trays are completely clear, providing a very discrete overall look during treatment
- Treatment is typically completed in about a year, though some cases may be completed even sooner
Dentures are an excellent option for patients who are looking to fill the space left by missing natural teeth in the mouth.
The size, shape, color, and length of denture teeth are fully customizable, allowing patients to feel comfortable and confident about the way their smile looks. While most people pursue dentures to restore the aesthetics of their smile, dentures are also an excellent option for adjusting and correcting the bite.
Here at Reza Dental Care, we offer three types of dentures:
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are designed for fully-edentulous patients – that is, patients who are missing all of their teeth on the top or bottom arch of teeth. Full dentures rest on the gums and are usually held in place by some sort of denture adhesive.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are designed for partially-edentulous patients – patients who are missing just a few of their natural teeth. Partial dentures are designed to clip into place, with clasps that fit around designated anchor teeth.
- Implant Dentures: Implant dentures are unique in that they clip securely into place over dental implants. The implants -which are placed directly into the jaw bone – provide a secure anchor for the dentures, ensuring that the dentures always remain firmly in place.
To determine which type of dentures work best for you, it’s best to undergo a consultation with Dr. Reza here in our South Gate dental office.
For more information about dentures in South Gate, give us a call anytime at 323-457-8787.
Dental crowns are protective caps that are placed directly over the natural tooth. They are typically used to preserve the integrity of the tooth after it has been restored with a root canal or large filling.
Other uses and benefits of dental crowns include:
- Complete dental implant treatment
- Restore or correct patient’s bite
- Fully customizable shape, size, color, and length
- Durable and long-lasting (when properly cared for)
Here at Reza Dental Care, we offer the following types of dental crowns:
- Metal Crowns: Metal crowns are composed of durable high-noble metals – or in some cases, gold. While metal crowns are not especially aesthetically pleasing, they are extremely durable.
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain crowns are typically used to restore the teeth in the front of the mouth, as they provide the closest imitation to the natural tooth structure.
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal (PFM) Crowns: PFM crowns provide the natural-looking aesthetics of a porcelain crown on the outside while taking advantage of the strength and durability of a metal crown on the inside. This is one of the most popular options for dental crown restorations.
- Zirconia Crowns: Zirconia crowns are made up of a durable metal known as zirconium dioxide. They are typically viewed as a biocompatible alternative to PFM crowns, as they may be less likely to cause an immune response in certain patients.
For patients who struggle with a decayed, damaged, or unsightly tooth, dental crowns are a fantastic option. For more information about dental crowns in South Gate, give us a call at 323-457-8787.
Dental implants are widely regarded as one of the best ways to replace a missing tooth in the mouth. They are titanium devices that are placed directly into the bone, designed to replace the roots of the natural tooth. Once the implant has healed, a dental crown is placed over the top of the implant to close the space in the smile line.
Benefits of dental implants include:
- Fully customizable aesthetics
- Almost perfectly mimics the look and function of the natural tooth
- No diet restrictions
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved/corrected bite
- Durable and long-lasting (when properly cared for)
In order to determine your candidacy for dental implants, Dr. Reza will conduct a thorough examination of your bone density. For more information about dental implants in South Gate, give us a call at 323-457-8787.
There’s nothing quite like having a beautiful and healthy smile that you can be proud of. Smile makeovers make it possible to achieve the smile of your dreams.
Smile makeovers are easy with our South Gate dentist office. Schedule an appointment today to get started on your smile change!