For patients who are in need of extensive restorative treatment, full-mouth reconstruction treatment is ideal. Pursuing full mouth reconstruction treatment ensures that you are receiving all of the restorative dental treatment you need.
Full mouth reconstruction is an umbrella term used to cover restorative dental treatments. When a patient has a considerable amount of damage, trauma, or decay, it can be helpful to make one comprehensive plan.
Ultimately, full mouth reconstruction treatment focuses on restoring the functionality and health of the teeth.
Below are the types of treatment that we typically use for full mouth reconstructions in our South Gate dental office:
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Implants
- Dental Bridges
- Root Canals
- Dental Cleanings
- Extractions/Bone Grafts
- Orthodontic Treatment
Dental crowns are protective caps that are placed directly over the natural tooth. They are typically used to preserve the integrity of the tooth after it has been restored with a root canal or large filling.
Other uses and benefits of dental crowns include:
- Complete dental implant treatment
- Restore or correct patient’s bite
- Fully customizable shape, size, color, and length
- Durable and long-lasting (when properly cared for)
Here at Reza Dental Care, we offer the following types of dental crowns:
- Metal Crowns: Metal crowns are composed of durable high-noble metals – or in some cases, gold. While metal crowns are not especially aesthetically pleasing, they are extremely durable.
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain crowns are typically used to restore the teeth in the front of the mouth, as they provide the closest imitation to the natural tooth structure.
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal (PFM) Crowns: PFM crowns provide the natural-looking aesthetics of a porcelain crown on the outside while taking advantage of the strength and durability of a metal crown on the inside. This is one of the most popular options for dental crown restorations.
- Zirconia Crowns: Zirconia crowns are made up of a durable metal known as zirconium dioxide. They are typically viewed as a biocompatible alternative to PFM crowns, as they may be less likely to cause an immune response in certain patients.
For patients who struggle with a decayed, damaged, or unsightly tooth, dental crowns are a fantastic option. For more information about dental crowns in South Gate, give us a call at 323-457-8787.
Dental implants are widely regarded as one of the best ways to replace a missing tooth in the mouth. They are titanium devices that are placed directly into the bone, designed to replace the roots of the natural tooth. Once the implant has healed, a dental crown is placed over the top of the implant to close the space in the smile line.
Benefits of dental implants include:
- Fully customizable aesthetics
- Almost perfectly mimics the look and function of the natural tooth
- No diet restrictions
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved/corrected bite
- Durable and long-lasting (when properly cared for)
In order to determine your candidacy for dental implants, Dr. Reza will conduct a thorough examination of your bone density. For more information about dental implants in South Gate, give us a call at 323-457-8787.
If you are missing one or two teeth in the mouth, you may benefit from dental bridge treatment.
Dental bridges are essentially multi-unit crowns that are designed to be fixed to two anchor teeth on either side of a space in the mouth. In the space, a “fake” tooth – known as a pontic – rests upon the gumline and fills the smile line.
The color, shape, and size of the bridge can all be matched to mimic the rest of the natural teeth inside the mouth.
When properly cared for, dental bridges can last anywhere between five and fifteen years – or longer.
Root canals are typically done when extensive damage or decay has caused the central nerve of the tooth to become exposed and/or infected.
During a root canal, the dentist removes all signs of decay from the tooth. They then enter the central canal, where they remove the infected nerve. The canal is thoroughly cleaned out and sterilized before being re-filled with a synthetic material. The canal is sealed off, and a large filling is placed inside the tooth. The patient will then typically be asked to return to have a dental crown placed over the tooth to protect and preserve the work.
Root canals are a great option for preserving the natural tooth rather than simply extracting it.
Dentures are an excellent option for patients who are looking to fill the space left by missing natural teeth in the mouth.
The size, shape, color, and length of denture teeth are fully customizable, allowing patients to feel comfortable and confident about the way their smile looks. While most people pursue dentures to restore the aesthetics of their smile, dentures are also an excellent option for adjusting and correcting the bite.
Here at Reza Dental Care, we offer three types of dentures:
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are designed for fully-edentulous patients – that is, patients who are missing all of their teeth on the top or bottom arch of teeth. Full dentures rest on the gums and are usually held in place by some sort of denture adhesive.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are designed for partially-edentulous patients – patients who are missing just a few of their natural teeth. Partial dentures are designed to clip into place, with clasps that fit around designated anchor teeth.
- Implant Dentures: Implant dentures are unique in that they clip securely into place over dental implants. The implants -which are placed directly into the jaw bone – provide a secure anchor for the dentures, ensuring that the dentures always remain firmly in place.
To determine which type of dentures work best for you, it’s best to undergo a consultation with Dr. Reza here in our South Gate dental office.
For more information about dentures in South Gate, give us a call anytime at 323-457-8787.
Your regularly-scheduled dental cleanings are an essential part of maintaining a healthy oral environment.
During your professional dental cleaning in South Gate, your hygienist will remove all harmful plaque and tartar from the surface of the teeth and gums. It is possible for even the most thorough brushers and flossers to miss a spot here and there; that’s why it is so important to undergo your dental cleanings.
Your hygienist and dentist will also use this time to examine the health of your teeth and gums. If any restorative or preventative treatment is needed, they will be planned and administered. Attending your dental cleaning appointments helps preserve your oral health.
When a tooth has reached a certain point of damage or decay, it unfortunately can no longer be restored or saved, and must be planned for extraction.
Teeth extractions ensure that a decayed, infected, or damaged tooth is fully removed from the mouth. This helps prevent the infection of other teeth in the mouth and ensures that the patient will no longer be in pain or discomfort.
Once the tooth has been removed from the mouth, options for replacing the missing tooth will be discussed. If the patient plans to have a dental implant placed, it is likely that they will need a bone graft. Bone grafts ensure that there is enough bone structure in the area to support the placement of a dental implant.
For more information about extractions and bone grafting in South Gate, give us a call at 323-457-8787.
Traditional braces are an effective method of orthodontic treatment that help millions of people straighten and align their teeth each year. If you struggle with crooked, gapped, or overlapped teeth, you may want to consider pursuing braces in South Gate.
Braces are made up of brackets and wires, usually composed of medical-grade stainless steel. The brackets are attached to the surface of the teeth, and the wires are used to connect the brackets with one another.
Over time, the wires apply continuous pressure to gently yet effectively shift the teeth into healthy and aligned positions.
Braces can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Crooked/Overlapping Teeth
- Gaps Between Teeth
- Open Bites
Worried about the aesthetics of your smile during treatment? Have no fear. While the braces of yesteryear were a bit unsightly and uncomfortable, modern braces are designed to be sleek, comfortable, and as discreet as possible.
Traditional braces treatment typically takes anywhere between 16 and 18 months, though your treatment time may vary depending on your personal orthodontic case.
For those who are looking for an even more discreet option, ceramic braces are an excellent option.
Rather than being made up of stainless steel, ceramic braces are composed of polycrystalline alumina. They are typically available either in tooth-colored or clear color options, allowing the patient to take full advantage of “invisible” braces.
Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic treatment method that allows patients to straighten their teeth with the use of clear aligner trays rather than traditional brackets and wires.
Invisalign trays are made up of BPA-free plastic and are designed especially for each patient based upon models of the teeth. Throughout the course of treatment, patients typically receive anywhere between 20 and 30 sets of trays. Each set is worn for about 2 weeks; during this time, each set of trays focuses on aligning and correcting a specific section of teeth.
When compared with traditional braces, Invisalign provides various different benefits:
- Trays can be easily removed and placed back inside the mouth
- No diet restrictions are necessary; simply remove the trays when eating or drinking and brush before placing them back inside the mouth
- Invisalign trays are completely clear, providing a very discrete overall look during treatment
- Treatment is typically completed in about a year, though some cases may be completed even sooner
How do I start my Full Mouth Reconstruction?
We’re here to help! If you or a loved one needs full mouth reconstruction, don’t hesitate to call Reza Dental Care at 323-457-8787. We have a team of professionals who will answer all your questions and concerns before the appointment, and we will walk you through the process to have a complete understanding of the procedure. Restoring the health and functionality of your smile can benefit you in various ways. Contact Reza Dental Care today and begin a new life with healthy and functional teeth.